Information, help and advice

It can be hard knowing where to go to get the right help and advice if you have a child with SEND. This section has information about council, voluntary and community services that can support you and your family. In Brent, there are several key organisations that are a good place to start.

  • SEND parents helpline Offers peer-to-peer advice and information on a wide range of issues affecting families who have children with special educational needs and disabilities.
  • Brent Carers Centreoffers information and support to carers across the borough and advises them about their rights and needs.
  • Brent Children and Families Information Service (CFIS) can give you information on a range of services and activities for children and young people aged 0 to 19 years old (up to 25 years for young people with SEND) including childcare, children’s centres, play schemes, leisure and libraries.

There are many local and national organisations that help children and young people with SEND. They offer support groups, helplines, online resources, activities and sometimes direct face-to-face support. Some of these groups provide support according to specific types of need, and you will find these listed below.

Other useful information