Brent Children’s Specialist Community Nursing Service
Brent Children’s Specialist Community Nursing Service provides support in the home and other community settings for children and young people with complex needs. The service aims to enable children and young people with an acute or chronic illness or disability to live with their own families, as independently as possible.
- Highly skilled nursing care and professional support and advice to help parents and carers manage their child’s healthcare and nursing need
- Competency based training and assessment for schools, transport staff respite care settings and nursery staff to support inclusion
- Advanced care planning for children with complex care and palliative conditions
- Care for technology dependent children
Care is provided to children and young people at the following locations:
- At home and short breaks settings
- Nurse-led clinics at the Wembley Centre for Health and Care and Central Middlesex Hospital
- Brent schools and nurseries, including special schools
The service takes referrals for any child with a specific nursing need who lives in Brent. Referrals are accepted from parents, Brent GPs, schools and other health care professionals.
Age group: 0 to 18 years old (up to 19 years for young people who attend a special school).
0 to 18 years old (up to 19 years in special schools)
Children’s Specialist Community Nursing Service, c/o Rainbow Unit, Central Middlesex Hospital, Acton Lane, NW10 7NS,
020 8453 2125