Brent children's centres
Children's centres aim to give every child the best possible start in life. They are places where families with children under the age of five can easily access a range of different services to support them.
- Find your nearest children's centre - there are 17 centres in Brent
- View the latest activity timetables for Brent Children's Centres
- View Brent Children's Centre's 2019 - 2020 brochure
All of them have timetables of fun activities, family learning, Citizen's Advice Bureau sessions and a wide range of health, education and parenting support including:
- Information and advice about family support services
- Stay and play groups
- Access to early education and childcare for children under five
- Education and employment advice
- English, IT, first aid and healthy eating courses
- Parenting advice and support for mums, dads, grandparents and carers
- Links to early education and childcare for children under five, including childminders, play schemes and holiday clubs
- Access to child and family health services, including baby clinics and breast feeding support
Several children’s centres have nurseries which offer specialist places for pre-school children with SEND. Some of the centres also offer speech and language therapy sessions. View a list of which ones offer this service.
The BUSS (Brent Under 5s Sensory Support) group meets at Wykeham Children’s Centre from 9.30 - 11am on the first and third Tuesday of every month for children with a hearing impairment and their parents/carers. Come along and play, talk and get advice from Brent Deaf and Hearing Impairment Service. Snacks and drinks are provided. Telephone 07467 335 392 for further information.