Brent Early Years Inclusion Support Team
The Early Years Inclusion Support Team works across early years setting in Brent to promote inclusive education at the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The multi-disciplinary team works in working in partnership with parents, carers and professionals to aid and promote the inclusion of children aged 0 to five with SEND. This includes:
- Providing advice and training to special educational needs co-ordinators (SENCOs) and early years practitioners to respond to the diverse needs of children in their care.
- Supporting all early years settings in Brent, including schools, nurseries and childminders, to support the inclusion of young children who have a range of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) that may be affecting their learning and progress.
- Offering support in early identification and planning for children with additional needs at the Early Years Foundation Stage in nursery/childminder provision
- Working closely with early years professionals to remove barriers to inclusion and help ensure that all children are fully included in the day-to-day activities at their setting
With parental/carer consent, the team can also support children in the following areas:
- communication and interaction - this includes children with speech, language and communication difficulties or a diagnosis of autism
- cognition and learning - including children who demonstrate features of moderate, severe or profound learning difficulties
- emotional social development and mental health - including children who are withdrawn or isolated, disruptive, hyperactive and lacking concentration, have immature social skills and those presenting with challenging behaviours arising from other complex emotional/social needs
- sensory and physical - including profound and permanent deafness or visual and physical impairments as well as children with sensory processing difficulties.
The team is able to support children attending a private, voluntary or independent early years setting in Brent, where additional needs are identified by the SENCO or key worker and an onward referral to the service is made with written parental consent.
0-5 years old
Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ,