Brent Outreach Autism Team (BOAT)
In Service Educational Training (INSET) for all staff within schools and settings is offered. INSET is tailored to groups of individuals. For example:
- Training for SMSAs
- Training for teachers and learning support assistants (LSAs)/TAs
- Year group specific training
- Key people working with a child or young person
- Specific approaches and strategies
Peer support training is offered for small groups of students, whole classes and assembly forums. Training may also be offered to support the child or young person with a diagnosis on the spectrum in a specifically-tailored programme. Peer support sessions and supporting a student to understand their diagnosis require parental/carer consent.
BOAT offers additional training and sessions:
- Training sessions for newly qualified teachers
- LEGO training offer to staff in educational settings
- Post diagnostic training for partners
- Specific sessions and events to support transitional phases for children and young people.
All training is carefully evaluated to inform future training/needs.
- Resources for Autism
- Centre for ADHD and Autism Support (CAAS)
- Brent Outreach Autism Team
020 8937 4659
- SEN Assessment Service
020 8937 3229
- Brent SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
020 8937 3434
Our helpline is open between 9am and 3pm, Monday to Friday.
An answerphone is always available and we aim to respond to messages within two working days.
- Educational Psychology Service
020 8937 3200