Family focused support
In Brent, there are a range of services for families who have young children with SEND. This might involve you being supported by a key worker, who will assess what sort of help you may need and work in partnership with you to put appropriate services in place.
- Early Support and Portage - free services for pre-school children with a disability or additional needs from birth to four years old.
- Family Solutions Service - confidential advice and support for families with children aged 0 to 18 (up to 19 for young people with disabilities)
- Accelerated Support Team - a rapid response service for children and young people aged between 11 and 17 who are on the edge of care, facing crisis or risk of homelessness. This includes young people with SEND
- Children’s centres - where you can access a range of services, including speech and language therapy and stay and play groups
- Parenting support - including courses for children with SEND
- Parent and toddler groups in the borough