Other organisations offering volunteering include:
- Leonard Cheshire Disability runs a scheme for 10 to 35-year-olds with a long-term health condition or disability to volunteer in their community.
- Volunteering Matters runs a project which supports families in Brent. This involves recruiting, training and supporting volunteers to mentor young people leaving care, befriending children with challenging behaviour and supporting families of children with life-limiting illnesses. Volunteers also support parents with children at risk of neglect and on a Child in Need Plan. Their work ensures that vulnerable children and families are given the opportunity to overcome serious life challenges, rebuild their lives and play a meaningful and productive role in society.
- Vinspired helps young people to make their mark on causes that they care about, whilst learning new skills and talents along the way.
- National Citizen Service (NCS) helps 15 to 17-year olds build skills for work and life while taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
- The British Red Cross offers volunteering and other schemes for young people.
- The Prince’s Trust has many volunteering ideas.
- TimeBank recruits and trains volunteers.