Independent visits to the museum without a workshop
Visits to the Museum are free. If you wish to use the Education Room for lunch during your visit, please include this information when you make your enquiry. It is very important that you wait for confirmation from us that there is space for you to come and that we have booked you in as the Museum cannot accommodate more than one class of up to 35 students at a time.
Assembly at your school
We can deliver a free 15 minutes assembly at your school on a range of topics including: the history of the area around our school; Windrush Generation in Brent; and symbolism on Romanian Easter eggs.
We enjoy highlighting items in our collections that have a link with your school’s local area such as images of nearby streets in the past.
Downloadable resources to use at your school
You can download brief histories of the various areas of Brent. Please view our free Online Resources.
Interactive downloadable apps for iPads
The downloadable (require iOS 6.0 or later) to use at school, search the App Store for the title in bold:
- Brent High Streets 1870–1914 - Explore historic photos of high streets in the borough of Brent.
- Brent Colossus - Play our game to decipher a secret message transmitted by Colossus. The Post Office Research Station in Dollis Hill employed engineers carrying out top-secret work constructing and testing modules of the Colossus machine – the world’s first programmable electronic computer. Assembled at Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire, Colossus deciphered enemy radio signals and helped the Allies to win WW2.
- Metroland Guidebook - Explore the world of railways in 1920s London. This App features an original guidebook to London’s ‘Metro-land’ from Brent Museum & Archives’ historic collections.
Museum worksheets to download in advance and use during your visit to Brent Museum
Permanent exhibition worksheets
- Politics and diversity worksheet
- Willesden in WW2 worksheet
- Headlines worksheet
- I-spy worksheet
- Anglo Saxon worksheets from other providers
- Politics and Diversity worksheet
- Windrush 70 - I Spy worksheet
- Back from the Western Front: African soldiers in WW1 Worksheet - Activity 1
- Back from the Western Front: African soldiers in WW1 Worksheet - Activity 2
- Back from the Western Front: African soldiers in WW1 Worksheet - Activity 3
Free PDF pack with resources to study Brent’s history and geography in class: includes photographs, copies of archival materials and teachers’ notes. Please request this by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.