Things to read
The weekly walk programme and the over 50+ Aerobic sessions at Ealing Road Library are cancelled until further notice due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. For more information and local advice, please visit our dedicated coronavirus page.
Physical activity participation rates in Brent are amongst the lowest in England with only 7 per cent of our residents being sufficiently physically active.
NICE (The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) recommends that everyone participates in at least 30 minutes activity, 5 days week.
Physical activity doesn't just mean going to the gym. You can play sport, dance, go for a swim, or a walk, or take up gardening.
There are plenty of opportunities in Brent for you to enjoy, many of which are free.
- Sign up to GoodGym
- Join a gardening group
- Go on a healthy self led walk
- Outdoor gyms with instructor led group exercise sessions
- Brent's lead healthy walks programme
- Find another sport in Brent
- Visit a leisure centre
- Sign up to Change 4 Life (C4L) for a personalised activity plan
- Couch to 5k - a 9 week running programme for complete beginners to get you off the couch and all the way to 5k
If you suffer from diabetes, COPD, heart disease, obesity, osteoporosis or falls, you may be eligible to participate in the "Exercise Referral Scheme". You will be offered an initial consultation and a 10 week programme at participating leisure centres.
Please visit your GP for details.
If you have a group of people and would like help or support to set up a physical activity programme, email firstname.lastname@example.org