Park photo guidelines, consent and terms and conditions
Please read the information before sending your photographs and images.
Submissions may be made via firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are guidelines to consider when taking and submitting your photos/images:
- We accept photograph/ images in digital format only.
- For our purposes, horizontal/ landscape images work better than vertical/ portrait ones.
- Pictures should be sent as Jpeg files.
- Pictures shouldn't be larger than 5Mb and ideally much smaller: around 1Mb is fine, or you can resize your pictures to 1,000 pixels across and then save as a Jpeg.
- Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and location of the photograph/ image.
- If your photograph/ image features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent's/guardian's permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way by any image we receive, Brent Council reserves the right to not use the image.
- We do not want photograph/ image of the playgrounds, especially if it features children in the image. Please avoid including children in your photographs/ images that could identify them.
- Finally, when taking photos, please do not endanger yourself or others, take unnecessary risks or infringe any laws.
Terms and Conditions
- Every photograph/ image must be your original work, and that you are the creator, full and sole copyright owner of the image(s) and that you are legally able to submit the image(s) for Brent Council for display.By submitting your photos, you give permission for Brent Council to use the photography/ and/or video(s) in Brent Council’s printed publications, website, social media sites, Flickr or any other means of mass communication, Brent Council requires your permission to comply with the Data Protection Act 1988.
- Your photograph/ image(s) may be displayed intermittently, continuously or periodically for any length of time, on one or more occasions.
- You understand that Brent Council may wish to use photography/filming/audio footage featuring my image and/or my voice in local, regional or national publicity in order to promote Brent Council. I understand that any photography/filming/audio may be used on YouTube, Facebook, the council website, social network sites, printed publications, displays or advertising in local, regional or national media.
- You understand that websites and other online media can be seen throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom, where UK law applies. Brent Council will not be held responsible for any 3rd party downloading or copying by any method, your image(s) from the website.
- Any image(s) submitted to Brent Council in any format, digital or printed, are considered copies and as such Brent Council has a right to permanently delete/destroy any image(s), at any time after submission, for any reason.
- Brent Council has a right to refuse submission of any image, or display the image, for any reason, including those that are deemed offensive or inappropriate for display.
- Submission of any content that is illegal will be reported, without notice, to the appropriate authorities.
- We will not include details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child or adult in an image on video, on our website, or in printed publications, without good reason. For example, we may include the full name of a competition prize-winner if we have their consent. However, we will not include the full name of a model used in promotional literature. We will not include personal e-mail, postal addresses, telephone or fax numbers on video, on our website or in printed publications.
- We will avoid using images of individual children. If we do use images of individual children, we will not use the name of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption without good reason. And if a child is named in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the article without good reason. For example, we may include a picture and full name of a competition prize-winner if we have their consent. However, we will not include a picture and full name of a model used in promotional literature.
- We will only use images of children who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.
- We cannot film or take photographs of any child that is at risk or under a supervision order.
- If you would like to remove your entry from the website/ other uses then you can do so by emailing email@example.com.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions and guidelines you must NOT submit your photographs/ image(s) to Brent Council, in any format, or by using any method.