Apply for a primary or junior school place for September 2022
- children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 who will start Reception class at a primary or infant school in September 2022.
- children born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 who currently attend an infant school and will transfer to junior school in September 2022.
Need help with applying?
Download our step by step instructions to help you when you are applying.
You will be sent an email with your application reference number once you have submitted your application. If you do not receive the confirmation email then your application has not been submitted correctly.
Important information about how to apply
- Use your child’s permanent home address on 15 January 2022
- Do not use the address of a relative or someone who provides temporary care for your child, a business address, a childminders address or any address other than the child’s permanent home address
- We will check internal databases to confirm your address and will write to you if you need to submit further evidence of your address
Your preferred schools
- List 6 preferences. List the school you want the most as your first preference
- You should include your catchment area school amongst your preferences
- You can include schools outside Brent
- Listing only one school does not increase your chances of being offered a place.
Additional information and evidence
- Attach additional information to your application online or post it to School Admissions, PO Box 1057, Wembley, HA9 1HJ.
- A supplementary information form (SIF) is required for some schools. The online application form will advise you if a SIF is required. You should send SIFs direct to the school
- Evidence is required for looked after and previously looked after children. The social worker involved must provide a letter confirming that the child is in care. If the child was adopted immediately after being in care please provide a copy of the child arrangements order, special guardianship order or proof of adoption from your child’s home authority.
- For community schools your evidence should be submitted directly to Brent School Admissions and attached to your online application. For all other schools, evidence should be sent directly to the school.