Apply for a secondary school place for September 2022
Apply for children born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 who will start secondary school in September 2022.
The deadline for on-time applications for starting secondary school in September 2022 has passed, but you can still submit a 'late' application using the link below. Your application will be considered from the second round of offers (see the timetable below).
Need help with applying?
You will be sent an email with your application reference number once you have submitted your application. If you do not receive the confirmation email then your application has not been submitted correctly.
Important information about how to apply
- Use your child’s permanent home address on 31 October 2021 (see below for information about late applications)
- Do not use the address of a relative or someone who provides temporary care for your child, a business address, a childminders address or any address other than the child’s permanent home address
- We will check internal databases to confirm your address and will write to you if you need to submit further evidence of your address.
- If you submit a late application, use your child's permanent home address at the time you submit the application.
Your preferred schools
- List 6 preferences. List the school you want the most as your first preference
- Include your local schools amongst your preferences
- You can include schools outside Brent
- Listing only one school does not increase your chances of being offered a place.
Additional information and evidence
- Attach additional information to your application online or post it to School Admissions, PO Box 1057, Wembley, HA9 1HJ.
- A supplementary information form (SIF) is required for some schools. The online application form will advise you if a SIF is required. You should send SIFs direct to the school
- Evidence is required for looked after and previously looked after children. The social worker involved must provide a letter confirming that the child is in care. If the child was adopted immediately after being in care please provide a copy of the child arrangements order, special guardianship order or proof of adoption from your child’s home authority.
- Evidence of social/medical reasons must be provided directly to school.