BMS Junior Orchestras
Things to do
Brent Music Service runs two BMS Junior Orchestra at its BMS Evening Centres. The orchestra learns and performs a wide range of musical styles, giving its members a great opportunity to experience music from different cultures, eras and formats.
What we do
This mixed ensemble is a fantastic way of improving your playing and meeting others of a similar standard. Play in the band, sing and work on your rhythmic skills with our team of experienced tutors. The BMS Junior Orchestras give regular concerts and have performed on stage at Wembley Arena.
The orchestras includes brass, woodwind, strings (not guitar) and percussion instruments.
- Brass includes: trumpet, french horn, trombone, euphonium and tuba
- Woodwind includes: flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and saxophone
- Strings include: violin, viola, cello and double bass
- Percussion includes: drum kit, timpani, glockenspiel, xylophone and snare drum
Junior Orchestra North Claremont High School, Claremont Avenue, HA3 OUH - 5pm to 7pm
Junior Orchestra South, Queens Park Community School, Aylestone Avenue, NW6 7AD - 5pm to 7pm
It is open to all 8 to 13 year olds who meet the entry requirements.
The ensemble leaders are:
- Terry Gardner (BMS Junior Orchestra North)
- Liz Kenna (BMS Junior Orchestra South)
The annual membership is £90.
How to join
Entry is by recommendation from a BMS tutor or by audition. To find out more or arrange an audition, please email the appropriate orchestra leader at your preferred evening centre.