Things to read
Things to do
Music'sCool was described in the 2012 Music In Schools: Sound Partnerships report as an "excellent partnership programme".
Music'sCool is our exciting, multi-cultural music programme for schools, providing high quality music lessons, linked to the National Curriculum and delivered by music specialists in Brent primary schools.
It is a classroom-based programme which teaches music in a fun and creative, yet structured manner in partnership with class teachers. The carefully designed, progressive syllabus develops children’s musical skills and understanding in a practical way from Nursery through to Year 6.
With singing and performing at its heart, the programme gives children the opportunity to learn several instruments from a range of musical traditions.
Violin (optional for Yr.1)
- Every child receives a recorder.
- Each school receives a set of violins, ukuleles, tamboo bamboo, djembes and samba kit (as appropriate and at no additional cost) to use whilst the school is involved with the programme.
- Performance is integral to the course and all children are given the opportunity not only to perform in school, but also at larger high profile venues.
- Structured assessment is used throughout the programme in order to identify students who would benefit from having small group or individual instrumental lessons to further their musical development.
- The course provides effective links between classroom music and instrumental lessons.
- The 30 minute weekly sessions provide regular CPD for class teachers, who are expected to follow up work done in each session and lead activities where appropriate.
If you are a school wishing to find out more about the Music'sCool programme, please contact us.