Primary and junior school offers
This page has information for you about:
- the offer letter and how to respond to it
- what happens next
- schools with vacancies
- waiting lists
- changing your preferences and other details
- how places were offered
Information about In Year offers is also available.
If you applied online, offers were emailed on the evening of Tuesday 16 April 2019. If you applied using a paper form an offer letter will be sent by first class post on Tuesday 16 April 2019 and you should receive the letter on Wednesday 17 or Thursday 18 April.
If you have not received your offer letter by Saturday 20 April email email@example.com.
Information about which school has been offered will not be provided over the telephone.
How to respond to the offer
You must accept or decline the offer by Tuesday 30 April 2019. If you applied using a paper form the offer letter explains how to respond.
If you applied online you must respond to the offer through the eAdmissions website. You will need the username and password you used when you made your application. If you can't remember this information, you can use the 'Forgotten your username or password?' option.
Once you have logged in, go to the 'My school admissions' page then select 'View outcome and respond.'
- declining the offer means the place will be given to the next child on the waiting list in the second round - it may not be possible to offer the same school again
- declining an offer will not advantage an application in the next round
- accepting an offer will not disadvantage an application for higher ranked schools or at appeals.
There are two further rounds of offers as outlined in the table below. We encourage you to accept your offer and wait to see if you can be offered a higher preference in a later round.
Offers will only be made for applicants who have not already received an offer, or for applicants to whom we are able to make a higher preference offer.
|Deadline for changes||Offer sent out||Respond to offer by|
|Second round offers||Tuesday 30 April 2019||Week ending Friday 17 May 2019||Friday 31 May 2019|
|Third round offers||Friday 31 May 2019||Week ending Friday 21 June 2019||Friday 28 June 2019|
After the third round places will be offered regularly as and when they become available.
The schools listed below have vacancies or small waiting lists as of Tuesday 16 April 2019. You can add these schools to your preferences for the next round of offers by completing the change of circumstances form
Schools with vacancies
- Braintcroft E-Act Primary Academy
- Brentfield Primary School
- Byron Court Primary School
- Carlton Vale Infant School
- Christ Church CofE Primary School
- Convent of Jesus and Mary RC Infant School
- Donnington Primary School
- Elsley Primary School
- Fryent Primary School
- Furness Primary School
- Harlesden Primary School
- John Keble CofE Primary School
- Kilburn Grange School
- Kingsbury Green Primary School
- Leopold Primary School Gwenneth Rickus site
- Mora Primary School
- Newfield Primary School
- North West London Jewish Day School
- Our Lady of Lourdes RC Primary School
- Preston Manor School
- Preston Park Primary School
- Roe Green Infant School
- Roe Green Infant School – Strathcona site
- Sinai Jewish Primary School
- St Andrew and St Francis CofE Primary School
- St Mary's CofE Primary School
- St Mary's RC Primary School
- The Stonebridge School
- Uxendon Manor Primary School
- Wembley Primary School
Schools with fewer than 5 children currently on the waiting list
- Avigdor Hirsch Torah Temimah Primary School
- Gladstone Park Primary School
- Leopold Primary School
- Lyon Park Primary School
- Mitchell Brook Primary School
- St Margaret Clitherow RC Primary School
- St Robert Southwell RC Primary School
- Sudbury Primary School
Schools with vacancies
- Roe Green Junior School
- St Mary Magdalen's RC Junior School
- The Kilburn Park School Foundation
Children will be automatically added to the waiting list for any Brent schools listed as higher preferences than the school offered.
For schools outside Brent you should contact the admissions authority for each school for details about how waiting lists are managed. Applications for any schools listed as lower preferences than the offered school have been withdrawn.
View more information about waiting lists.
Are you happy with the offer?
Applicants who are happy with the offered school and no longer wish to be considered for schools they ranked higher on their application must request that their child is taken off the waiting list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children on waiting lists may be offered a higher preference school in the future and if this happens their current offer will no longer be available. If you are unsure about whether to remain on the waiting list please seek advice from Brent school admissions.
You can change your preferences and other details by completing the change of circumstances form. It is important that you advise us if any details of your application have changed (e.g. your address). If you are offered a place based on out-of-date information the offer will be withdrawn.
The deadline for changes for the second round of offers is Tuesday 30 April 2019.
You have a right of appeal under the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 against the refusal of a place at any of the schools for which you applied. Find out more on how to appeal. The deadline to submit an appeal for a community school is Tuesday 21 May 2019.
If you have not been offered your first preference, you will be sent a letter which outlines how your application was processed. The letter includes the criteria and distance used when ranking your applications. This information, when compared with the summary of all offers at Brent primary and junior schools, allows you to determine why you were not offered a higher preference school.
If it was not possible to offer any of the schools listed on your application then a place has been offered at the nearest school to your home that has vacancies remaining after everyone who applied on-time has been offered.