Education Welfare Service
The Education Welfare Service (EWS) provides high quality advice and guidance to schools and ensures that parents fulfil their statutory obligation to send their child to school regularly.
The EWS recognises the important role that schools play in early identification of poor attendance and aims to work in partnership to ensure that attendance levels continue to rise in Brent schools.
The Education Welfare Service provides the following:
- information, advice and support on the development of whole-school approaches to improving attendance
- meetings with parents and pupils in school
- attendance at multi-agency meetings for pupils causing serious concern
- effective casework management to ensure good attendance
- penalty warnings and notices for term-time leave and persistent absence
- advice and support to schools with referrals to other agencies
- legal intervention when necessary.
The EWS also provides schools with information so that they can take immediate action and risk assess Children Missing from Education (CME) cases from day one. This also includes advice on when schools should make referrals to Brent Family Front Door or call the police. The EWS will take referrals from schools for CME on the 3rd day of absence.
Brent Civic Centre
Wembley HA9 0FJ
|Child employment or performance licences and Chaperone licences||
Children Missing from Education
|Elective Home Education|
|Education Penalty Notices|