Brent Connexions service provides information, advice and guidance to support the future career and educational aspirations of unemployed young people in Brent aged 16 to 19 (up to 25 for those with a learning difficulty and/or disability).
This is a free service and operates from a number of drop-in centres across Brent. Connexions advisers can help with:
- post-16 options through one-to-one careers guidance interviews
- developing employability skills such as building CVs, completing application forms, interviews techniques etc.
- providing careers information on how to find specific jobs
- making referrals to opportunity providers who offer apprenticeships, traineeships and other forms of training
- completing transition forms for young people with a learning difficulty and/or disability, who are planning their next steps.
Connexions also runs a bi-monthly, two-day employability programme called Positive Pathways for young people with learning difficulties/disabilities.
The service operates from various locations; please check our website for details.,
020 8438 1650