Painting and Decorating Apprentice - Wembley Park
How to apply
Please ensure you submit the completed form with your CV, or your application will not be processed. The Equality and Diversity Monitoring section of the application is voluntary.
Painting and Decorating Apprentice
8.00 am – 4.30 pm (37.5 hours per week). Two 30 minutes lunch break (unpaid).
|Number of vacancies||1|
|Potential qualification and progress||
Painting & Decorating Level 2 or Level 3
|Estimated start date||
1st August 2020
|Length of apprenticeship||
English and Maths Level 1, valid CSCS card
|Application closing date||
15th July 2020
The role and responsibilities
- To take measurements and calculate the quantity of materials needed
- To ensure that equipment and working platforms are safely erected and dismantled.
- To efficiently prepare surfaces for decoration, in line with working instructions to include:
- Removing existing paint and/or paper
- Repair and making good of surfaces
- Use of primer and sealer
- Utilising brushing, rolling or spraying paints, stains, varnishes and other finishes as and when required.
- To select and prepare adhesives, and apply papers to ceilings and walls.
- To ensure the cleaning, maintenance and storage of materials.
- Attend College on a day release basis, and undertake any additional training as requested.
- Ensure your full commitment and support of the apprentice review process and willing to undertake workplace assessments.
- Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) where needed.
- Utilise all tools, equipment and materials safely in accordance with COSHH Regulations.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers.
- To undertake such other duties which are reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
- To undertake personal health and safety duties as detailed in the Health and Safety policy held on site.
Skills and experience
- Hold a valid CSCS card essential
- English and Maths Level 1
- A keen interest in pursuing a career within painting and decorating
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues, enjoys being a team player
- Practical ability and awareness of working safely
- Self-motivation and desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed as well as punctual
- Good co-ordination skills and a methodical approach
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.