How to apply
Completion of the Equalities section of the form is optional. The information you give us will remain strictly confidential and will be used for monitoring purposes only, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Dependant on experience
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
Are you looking to make a difference in the fight against Climate Change? Interested in Scale Manufacturing? Do you want to set up a Green Fieldsite? Then this role is for you!!
Join the Rype Office team, who is passionate about the Circular Economy and has built a successful office furniture remanufacturing business.
We have an amazing opportunity for the right individual to design, build and manage a new 15,000ft2 remanufacturing plant at High Wycombe utilising their knowledge of efficient production management.
This is an important role because the Manufacturing Manager will shape our processes, infrastructure and team, improving our sustainability, scale and efficiency.
The Manufacturing Manager will enjoy a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, while being part of a supportive expert team.
About the Company:
Our ambition is to become a successful global office furniture company though our Circular Economy business model that is creating positive impact on the world.
With a structurally lower cost base, vertical integration and purpose-driven approach, Rype Office is a leader in the Circular Economy and is rapidly disrupting the office furniture market. We have completed over 160 projects throughout the UK.
For more information about Rype Office please visit our website: www.rypeoffice.com
We are looking for a Manufacturing Manager to lead our remanufacturing operations, currently occurring at one site in London but with a second site at High Wycombe secured for scale-up. This role includes management, scaling up and improvement of our remanufacturing processes, equipment and staff, as well as quality and safety management.
Responsibilities will include
- Producing high quality remanufactured furniture. In 2020 we will remanufacture around 20,000 items of furniture and we are doubling every year
- Identifying, recommending and implementing improvements to our remanufacturing processes, which include:
- Furniture disassembly
- Scaling up our remanufacturing lines and laying out our new remanufacturing plant at High Wycombe and other plants in the future
- Machinery and equipment purchases, maintenance and repositioning for more efficient production
- Designing and implementing production scheduling, inventory management, kanban, continuous improvement, standardised work procedures, safety patrols and 5S cleanliness systems
- Upholding and improving our quality processes
- Recruiting, training, managing and leading staff
- Ensuring staff safety
- Setting and pursuing remanufacturing cost targets
- Working with our Project Managers to understand furniture needs and developing production schedules
A minimum of 5 years in manufacturing and currently a Team Leader or Manager in manufacturing
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will be:
- Good with numbers
- Known for their commitment to quality
- Possessing strong organisational skills, able to plan and coordinate multiple initiatives in parallel while using a structured approach to meeting deadlines
- Proficient in the MS Office suite, especially Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire their team
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- In possession of a valid UK driving licence
- Passionate about creating a more sustainable world
- OEM or tier 1 automotive manufacturing experience
- A degree or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience optimising and scaling up operations in new or innovative manufacturing processes
You will be based at our new remanufacturing facility in High Wycombe but spend time, especially early in your tenure as you learn about the business, at our Park Royal site in West London. Over time you will spend time at the new larger remanufacturing facilities that you design as we grow.
You may be required to travel domestically to visit clients or suppliers.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the development of Circular Economy manufacturing, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and transforming the furniture industry
Please e-mail a targeted CV, cover letter (highlighting your interest in the role, prior experience, skills and any knowledge/experience you have of using/working with sustainable materials) & registration form to:
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.