City of London
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
16 December 2019
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and reward with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Our Paddington workspace is bright and vibrant offering more than a community of start-ups, from a sunny rooftop garden, to creative break out spaces complete with the requisite ping-pong tables.
To support our next stage of growth, we are looking for a Procurement Manager to come on board to own and be accountable for the procurement process, leading in our supplier selection, negotiation and management of our supplier contracts.
As this is a new role within the Company, there will be a great opportunity to create and implement new systems and processes to support our future growth and success. Our Procurement Manager will develop and be responsible for the end-to-end procurement strategy, managing relationships with our chosen suppliers and leveraging our buying power.
The Procurement Manager reports into our Head of Network Planning.
- Telecommunications experience is essential in the role.
- A great negotiator, with interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong commercial acumen with financial and analytical skills.
- Great at building strong internal and external working relationships.
- Keen and eager to learn new things.
- Passionate about telecommunications.
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for key strategic supplier selection and contract negotiations relating to the passive network (including network components, accessories etc.).
- Developing sourcing strategies.
- Source suppliers - Often on an international basis, negotiate and manage contracts and build key relationships with both suppliers and the internal teams.
- Proactively drive enforcement of strategy, identification and realisation of savings opportunities to create a competitive advantage for the business and mitigate supply risks.
- Ensure suppliers forecasts are shared and weekly/monthly capacity plans are created.
- Supplier governance initiatives and relationship management through regular reviews, visits and supplier audits. Perform supplier business, financial reviews on quarterly performance and strategic business direction. Analyse issues at supply market level and supply chain level.
- Undertake product research including potential suppliers and competitive products.
- Develop and maintain a robust and centralised system for call offs with each supplier.
- Working on the tendering process for obtaining goods or services.
- Working on the policy of waste management.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team; we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.