Quality Assurance Engineer - FTTH
Quality Assurance Engineer - FTTH
|Salary||up to £40,000|
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
31 January 2020
Our organisation is on a mission to bring "Better Internet to Everyone", unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used; our organisation installs optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to "true" fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
Acquired 300,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 91,000 premises.
Connected over 8,500 customers.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success. Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Our Paddington workspace is bright and vibrant offering more than a community of start-ups, from a sunny rooftop garden, to creative break out spaces complete with the requisite ping-pong tables.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer - FTTH plays an integral role in the planning and implementation of strategies for quality assurance management and testing of our FTTH build projects.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer - FTTH is responsible for the undertaking of multiple tests on our systems and processes, making sure our build contractors are compliant with the Company standards and maintain the integrity of our quality assurance.
Duties and responsibilities
- The full testing of systems and processes, including but not limited to: OTDR, power testing, connector cleanliness, cable installation practices, splitter box installation practices, fibre routing, pressure/ integrity testing etc.
- Completing quality auditing of our contractor's practices when handling Company materials, as per recommendation on product datasheets or Company standards.
- Identify, record, document all findings from Audits completed in the field.
- Produce quality assurance documentation and reporting.
- Responsible for reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with management as and when required.
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment at all times.
- Experience working in FTTH build projects.
- Must hold a full UK driver's license held for a minimum of 12 months.
- Excellent organisational skills, communications skills (written and verbal) which will be utilised in achieving desired results and are critical to the position.
- Great at building strong internal and external working relationships.
- Keen and eager to learn new things.
- Passionate about telecommunications and technology.
- A strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team; we welcome applications from all background.
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.