Access Delivery Manager
Access Delivery Manager
Full time (40 hours)
|Salary||up to £37,500|
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
29th March 2020
Our organisation is on a mission to bring "Better Internet to Everyone", unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, Community Fibre install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to "true" fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired 300,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 91,000 premises.
- Connected over 8,500 customers.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Our Paddington workspace is bright and vibrant offering more than a community of start-ups, from a sunny rooftop garden, to creative break out spaces complete with the requisite ping-pong tables.
About the role
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we need a Delivery Manager to lead the installations of our fibre optic network.
The Delivery Managers duty is to coordinate the successful completion of B2C installations, ensure that contractor work is in compliance with CFL standards, and where required take a more proactive lead in completing installations. To ensure that each project is delivered as planned the Delivery Manager will oversee the civil and cabling installation, splicing and testing elements of our build contractors to ensure that our network is presented on time for any external project stakeholders. The task objectives are to support the project manager in ensuring project milestones are completed on time, within budget and to the standards and quality set by the business or our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the quality installation of B2C project sites whether internally or externally with contractor
- Supervising contractor 1st fix installation teams, ensuring that any project-specific quality or technical standards are well understood by the our organisation and contractor teams
- Assist the Project Manager in key tasks associated to client sites including; performance managing contractor resource, reporting and site handover documentation
- Ensuring splicing, testing and reporting on our optical network is carried out to a standard as outlined by our policies standard splicing and testing documentation
- Assess works completed by a 3rd party to allow sign off
- Verifying at relevant project stages (‘sign-off’) that these standards have been achieved (or triggering remedial action required)
- Ensure that Community Fibre H&S requirements are being adhered to at all times
- Understand of FTTP, Openreach network and civils delivery
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance
- Experience and Qualification within street works. Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network - desirable
- Experience splicing, testing and fault finding on fibre optic networks
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners
- Proven Experience completing 1st and 2nd fix customer installations
- BT accredited splicing qualification
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team; we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.