|Job Title||Events Steward|
Part Time (minimum 5 hour shifts)
|Salary||up to £10.55 per hour|
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
29th March 2020
Wembley Stadium is offering a new and exciting opportunity to join our Event Day Crowd Safety Team and play a key role in delivering world class events and experiences for guests. Wembley Stadium is one of the most famous and iconic stadiums in the world. It is a world class venue that attracts some of the biggest events in sport, music and entertainment and more than 2 million visitors per year.
Our team ethos is Safety, Security and Service and delivering the highest standards in all 3 components.
Roles available to the right candidate will be in Event Stewarding and Event Security positions. Previous experience would be welcome but not essential as steward training will be provided. You will be working in a role that is dictated by customer and operational needs. Working as part of a team, you will fill key safety, security and service positions within general admission, hospitality, external areas and some high profile areas of the stadium.
The stewards primary role is to ensure the safety and welfare of all spectators.
- To be able to understand verbal and written instructions and communicate clearly with spectators.
- To be smartly dressed, appearance should be neat and tidy and to wear the high visibility jacket or bib appropriate to their position at all times.
- To understand their general responsibilities towards health and safety and welfare of all spectators, other stewards and themselves.
- To understand the area and know key points within the deployed role
- To carry out safety checks.
- To control or direct spectators who are entering or leaving the ground, to help achieve an even flow of people to and from the viewing area.
- To assist with the safe operation of the ground, not to view the activity taking place.
- To staff entrances, exits and other strategic points, for example, perimeter and exit doors or gates which are not continuously secured in the open position whilst the ground is in operation.
- To recognise crowd conditions so as to ensure the safe dispersal of spectators and the prevention of overcrowding.
- To assist the emergency services as required.
- To provide basic emergency first aid.
- Customer focused, going above and beyond to offer the best possible service.
- Alert, personable and approachable at all times.
- Reliable and able to work independently taking pride in what they do
- Excellent communication skills.
- If you think you have the attributes we are looking for in candidates then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that
- All positions are subject to a DBS check at Standard Level in accordance with FA guidelines.
- Successful applicants must attend a compulsory Induction session before being assigned to work.
- We would ask you to commit availability to work 80% of the events at Wembley Stadium.
- If you do not currently hold a recognised qualification in Spectator Safety then you must be willing to sign up to and complete an NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety.
- We would ask you to commit to any additional training required such as Customer Service & Level Playing Field awareness.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone.
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.