Fleet and Warehouse Manager
Fleet and Warehouse Manager
|Salary||up to £30k|
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
8th August 2020
Our organisation is on a mission to bring “Better Internet to Everyone”, unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, we install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to “true” fibre broadband.
● Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
● Acquired 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
● Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 100,000 premises
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Our Paddington workspace is bright and vibrant offering more than a community of start-ups, from a sunny rooftop garden, to creative break out spaces complete with the requisite ping-pong tables
As we have expanded our network, and customer base, our rapid growth has significantly increased our operation programmes. The Fleet and Warehouse Manager will play an important role by ensuring each engineering members company issued vehicle is managed and monitored.
Additionally, engineering supplies will need to be managed to ensure the necessary kit, hardware, and materials are supplied to each member to ensure all works are completed successfully. As the business continues to grow, the Fleet and Warehouse Manager will ensure the systems, processes and procedures implemented to manage and maintain the fleet adapts to the changes within the business. By ensuring the operation of our fleet and warehouse is conducted efficiently and effectively, you will contribute to our organisation's growth, ensuring our engineering operatives remain productive and focused on their objectives.
The role and responsibilities
• Define and implement a structured approach to managing all fleet activity, including the management of company issued stock, and assets.
• Ensure the assigned vehicles maintain their minimum stock quantities, to ensure operatives maintain the necessary volumes of stock needed to undertake their work.
• Ensure the retrofit of fleet vehicles are effectively managed and completed in line with business needs.
• Ensure fleet management adheres to company policy and industry standards including compliance, downtime, incident management, and engineering services.
• Acquire and return of vehicles in line with our business needs, based on the terms of the lease agreements.
• Ensure the utilisation of fleet is optimised.
• Define and execute a routine maintenance procedure for all fleet vehicles.
• Financial management of all associated charges, and fees.
Qualifications and experience
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong IT skills and a good working knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
• Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and able to communicate at all levels.
• Experience managing a fleet of vehicles, as well as managing warehouses and stores.
• Good time-management skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team; we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.