Reablement Support Worker
Reablement Support Worker
North West London
|Salary||up to £ £24,462 - £26,274|
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
28th May 2020
To work within the Reablement Team, to deliver personal care and support to people in accordance with their personalised support/reablement plans ensuring that care and support is delivered in an enabling way which maximises independence.
Work will be undertaken under the direction of the Senior Reablement Support Workers but the postholder will be required to work closely with health and social care professionals who are involved in the care planning, goal setting and review of reablement care.
The post will require flexible working which could include regular early morning, evening and weekend shifts as well as the ability and willingness to travel across Brent within the three geographical localities
Principal accountabilities and responsibilities
1. Ensure that service users are at the heart of care delivery and that their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing.
2. To assist with the provision of all personal care, such as washing, dressing, toileting, shaving, mouth care, catheter care, feeding, meal preparation and others, within the parameters of the care plan. The emphasis is on promoting and encouraging independence.
3. Support service users to maintain their relationships and connections with the local community.
4. To enable service users to improve or maintain their mobility through exercise and the use of mobility appliances, as prescribed in goal focused care plans formulated and agreed by qualified professionals (nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists).
5. Ensure that care plans and other information about how to support and assist service users is followed.
6. To undertake individualised care planning with service users and if appropriate, their families, and to undertake the reviewing of plans and achievements with service users.
7. To complete written and electronic documentation regarding service users’ care in accordance with Brent Council and CQC policy.
8. To complete or assist with the completion of service user/staff risk assessments e.g. initial home risk, medication, moving and handling.
9. To carry out, after receipt of appropriate training, enhanced procedures such as simple wound care.
10. Be responsible for informing the Senior Reablement Worker and aligned professional of any changes in the needs of service users or inability to engage in the reablement programme.
11. To liaise effectively within the team and with other agencies e.g. assisted technology or health colleagues, to ensure the service is delivered effectively.
12. To work in accordance with the CQC definition of good care promoting dignity and employing an understanding of diversity, mental capacity and safeguarding.
13. To attend regular training and maintain up to date, appropriate, knowledge and skills.
14. To engage in the supervision and appraisal process.
15. To maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
16. Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
17. Carry out duties with due regard to the Council’s Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
18. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
- Knowledge of the local area
- Knowledge of the community and voluntary services that will enable service users to maintain their independence post discharge from the reablement service
- Experience in reablement/ rehabilitation
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Evidence of other systematic or accredited health/social care training
- Driving Licence and use of own vehicle or willingness to use a zip car/pool car to carry out the role
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.