Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer
City Of London
|Salary||up to £28,000 – £33,000|
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
|Application closing date||
7th August 2020
Our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you. We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
To work with the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) Manager to co-ordinate and support the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To contribute to the development of, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health, Safety and wellbeing are discharged. To liaise with the HSEQ Manager to ensure that all endeavours are in line with the company’s Policy.
The role and responsibilities
Supporting the HSEQ manager with the:
- Review and development of all aspects of the company's Health Safety and Wellbeing management processes.
- Review and development of safe systems of work and risk assessments.
- Monitoring, evaluation and review of our systems to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Work proactively with the pre-construction and operations teams to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health Safety and Wellbeing throughout our business.
- Ensure that all contracts are audited regularly using the agreed compliance systems, instigate immediate improvements on site and report issues/best practice back to stakeholders accordingly.
- Provide relevant information on training in Health, Safety and Wellbeing systems and procedures including advising on equipment purchase and workplace practices.
- Assisting/supporting sales and operations colleagues on health & safety tasks and actions and ensuring systems of work comply with CDM regulations.
- Prepare and deliver regular training seminars for office and site operatives which include maintaining a suite of relevant toolbox talks.
- Carrying out regular site visits and ensuring that the company's standards and policies are being effectively implemented, and any unsafe work is stopped immediately and advise on corrective measures before allowing work to recommence.
Qualifications and experience
- NEBOSH and IOSH would be an advantage
- Experience ideally in Telecommunications or Utility associated construction industry (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of current health and safety legislation, including CDM and NRSWA as related to civils utilities
- Well-presented and demonstrates a professional image internally and externally / Able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate health and safety information concisely
- Ability to communicate and drive safety standards within teams and to individuals over which you have no line responsibility
- Ability to engage effectively with third party suppliers on health and safety issues
Why join us
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you / Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health / You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.