Northwood / Rickmansworth
Full time 8am – 8pm
|Salary||up to £31,824|
|Number of vacancies||
|Estimated start date||
Subject to reference and DBS check
|Application closing date||
31st August 2020
- To ensure that each resident is assessed for need and has a formally developed Care Plan, ensuring the involvement of the resident and his / her family or relatives, as required. To ensure that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the Care Plans.
- In consultation with GPs and Senior Care Staff, as appropriate, to develop individual Care Plans for new residents and to ensure their formal review every month.
- To ensure that all duties undertaken by reporting staff are performed to required standards, and that all such staff contribute to providing a happy, efficient and homely atmosphere within the Home.
- To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storage, issue, administration and disposal of all medicines in line with documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records.
- To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
- To keep abreast of all new legislation and regulations relating to Health & Safety, C.O.S.H.H., Fire Prevention and Care Standards, and to ensure effective communication of the same to staff.
- To ensure the smooth operation of the Home's Quality Management System.
- To be responsible for the daily supervision of care provided to residents in the Home, ensuring that it meets all the required standards.
- To ensure that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the Care Plans.
- To monitor and control residents' nutritional and dietary requirements
- To care for residents who may be temporarily sick or needing nursing procedures. To assist in the administration of medication where required and in accordance with documented procedures.
- To monitor residents' conditions and report any changes to the Manager as necessary.
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the Home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Regulations; To report all accidents to the Manager.
- To read and write reports, and to participate in staff and residents' meetings as appropriate.
- To participate in training activities / course, as directed by manager.
- To assist with End-of-Life Care for residents who are terminally ill.
- To undertake other duties, as necessary.
What we will offer
- Paid breaks
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Additional Training
Please note: Priority will be given to Brent residents in the first instance. This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Early application is therefore recommended.