Public register, strategy and guidance
Contaminated land strategy
- Contaminated land strategy - outlines Brent’s policy and procedures for dealing with land contamination
Guidance for developers
- Contaminated Land: A guide to help developers meet planning requirements (2003) is a document produced in collaboration with many London Boroughs and is based on Government Guidance. It provides an overview of Local Authority requirements and is available from Brent Council Website.
- CLR11: Model Procedures for the Management of Land Contamination (2004) has been produced by Defra and the Environment Agency. It provides the technical framework for applying a risk management process when dealing with contaminated land. CLR11 is current guidance and the council recommends that all investigations follow the steps outlined in this document. This document is available to download from the Environment Agency website.
- RandD 66: Guidance for the Safe Development of Housing on Land Affected by Contamination (2008) was produced by the Environment Agency, CIEH and the NHBC. This document is aimed at house-builders and developers and builds upon CLR11, describing good practice in the context of housing development.
- Public register - request for our public register or for a contaminated land search here