Looking after your property

Renting out my property

If you are a leaseholder and you would like to rent your home to someone else, this is called subletting. 

You are required to register all sublets with us by filling out our sublet registration form and provide the following:

  • A copy of the tenancy agreement with your tenant
  • Copies of any required safety certificates
  • We would request you have a clear service charge and/or major works account or be on a repayment plan with our Income team.
  • A registration fee of £60 (including VAT)

Please note: the registration requirement applies whether the property is sublet to an individual or to an organisation such as a company, a registered landlord or a housing association.

If an existing tenancy agreement with your tenant is renewed, you will not need to pay a further registration fee. In this case, we only require a copy of the renewal of the tenancy and a copy of the current gas safety certificate.

It is the leaseholder’s responsibility to notify the landlord of the intention to sublet before the start of any tenancy. Failure to register this with us may result in a breach of your lease and we could take legal action against you.

If you are subletting your property, you assume landlord responsibilities and you must be aware of your legal obligations. Read the landlord guidelines for more information.