Making alterations inside my property

As a leaseholder, you may want to carry out alterations and improvements to your home. However, under the terms of your lease or freehold transfer you must apply for Landlord's Consent before commencing any work. 

Some examples of the types of work that requires Landlord's Consent are, but not limited to:

  • Installing new windows
  • Replacing a boiler or central heating system
  • Changing the existing internal layout
  • Removing walls or creating a new opening
  • Building an extension

The following works may require Landlord’s Consent and you should contact us to confirm:

  • Replacing kitchen and bathroom units.

Getting permission

Request alteration, book and manage appointments quickly and easily via My Account.

Request Permissions 

Note you will need to activate your leaseholder account to access this service.

To send your alteration approval request without logging in, please email: including the following:

  • Plans of your proposed alterations
  • Contact details
  • Details of any permission(s) provided by Brent Planning – if applicable.

Please note your alteration may require a surveyor to review your proposed alteration plans at your property, and  if necessary, there will be a charge of £120 Inc. VAT. You will be advised of this after your email is received and processed.

Please be advised that it may take longer than 10 working days to provide you with a response.

Retrospective consent

If you have carried out alterations to your property without first gaining Landlord's Consent, you will need to make a retrospective application.

Please contact us to discuss this process and also be aware our fees are doubled.