If you have a garden with your home, you are responsible for maintaining it and keeping it tidy.
- regular lawn mowing
- trimming hedges and bushes
- making sure that weeds, plants and bushes don't grow into neighbouring gardens or on to pathways.
- keep your garden free from waste and litter and clear up after your pets if you have them.
The responsibility to maintain your garden is the same whether you:
- have direct access to a garden from your home (such as if you live in a house or ground floor flat) or,
- live in a flat or maisonette and have been given sole use of a garden area within the grounds of your block.