Council repair responsibilities
Brent Council is responsible for:
- Drains, gutters and external pipes
- The roof
- Outside walls
- Outside doors
- Window sills, window catches, sash cords, glazing putties and window frames and glass, including the necessary painting and decoration
- Internal walls, skirting boards, doors and door frames, hinges, locks, door jams, thresholds, letterboxes, door handles, floors and ceilings, but not including painting and decorating plasterwork
- Chimneys and chimney stacks (this does not include the sweeping of chimneys)
- Pathways, steps or other means of access
- Internal garages and stores
- Basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing cisterns and waste pipes
- Electric wiring, gas and water pipes, taps (including washers)
- Water and space heaters, fireplaces and fitted fires.
You must tell us, without delay, if there are any faults in your home which we are obliged to repair.