Illegal subletting and housing fraud
Audit and Investigations Counter Fraud Investigators are committed to protecting Brent Council’s precious housing stock from fraud and corruption.
Tenancy fraud continues to cause problems both financially and by depriving people who genuinely need a home. We view any act of fraud or attempted fraud very seriously.
If you suspect someone may:
- Have another home and we don’t know about it
- Got their home by giving false information
- Is subletting (renting) their home to someone else
- Has left their home and it is now empty; or are letting others live in it
- Has applied for, or completed, the purchase of their tenancy under the Right to Buy Scheme when they are not entitled, or gave false information
- Has claimed succession on the death of a tenant and is not entitled to take over that tenancy
Please tell us about it. We will take the necessary action, and you can stay completely anonymous.
You can also:
- call the Council's hotline number on 020 8937 1279. Your call is confidential and lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- contact the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440 - Your call is free and confidential. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.