If you do not licence your property
It is now against the law for any landlord to rent out a property in Brent without a licence. We work with the Metropolitan Police and other agencies to find unlicensed properties and take legal action.
Landlords with unlicensed rented properties can face a financial penalty notice of up to £30,000 or an unlimited fine from the court. You could also have control of your unlicensed properties taken away from you and be ordered to repay up to 12 months' rent to us or your tenants.
Report an unlicensed property
If you suspect a private rented property within the borough to be unlicensed, you can tell us using our online form.
You can use the form to check if a property has a licence or to report unlicensed property.
- Do I need a licence?
- Download our Guide to licensing
- Apply for a property licence
- Property licensing fees
- Houses in multiple occupation (HMO)
- Property licensing register
- Unlicensed properties
- Renew your property licence
- Contact us - Private Housing Services
- HMO and Selective Licensing privacy notice