Brent Council builds and maintains relationships with partners to make sure we are using every opportunity to deliver affordable homes and great customer service to our tenants. These partnerships include:
- Registered Providers (RPs)
- Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs)
- Local Authorities
Registered Providers (RPs)
Brent Council values their relationship with the RPs we currently work with, and are always welcome to new partnerships. RPs are private, non-profit making organisations. The role of RPs is to create new affordable homes, manage tenants and manage the maintenance of buildings. Currently, stock we receive from RPs is the largest contributor to homes we have available to rent in Brent. They also provide supported accommodation for individuals with mental health challenges or learning disabilities, care leavers and ex-offenders amongst many other groups.
If you are a current tenant of an RP and wish to make a complaint or request a service, please contact your landlord directly.
Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs)
Watling Gardens TMO operates within the terms of the Modular Management Agreement first signed with Brent Council in 2002. Following a successful ballot in 2018, the TMO received approval to continue for a further five years. The TMO operates a wide range of services for the benefit of its tenants:
- Tenancy Management: Letting flats, rent collection, arrears management
- Estate management – looking after the buildings
- Day to day repairs
- Cleaning and caretaking
- Grounds maintenance
- Parking and garage letting – permit and license issuance
- Community events and hall hire
- General advice and guidance to residents on housing, social care and benefits concerns (including confidential appointments)
For more information, visit the Watling Gardens TMO website.