Kilburn Square Estate
There is an affordable housing crisis in London. In response, Brent aims to make 5,000 new affordable homes available over a five-year period, 1,000 of these through its own council building programme. The most effective way to do this is to use land the council already owns that is suitable for new homes.
Kilburn Square Estate has been identified as a suitable location for two key reasons:
- The opportunity to redevelop the former Kilburn Clinic and current Brondesbury Road Mental Health Centre
- The availability of significant parcels of land that the Council understands would be suitable for much-needed new homes.
The development plans create an opportunity to make the estate a better, safer place to live for everyone, improving the landscaping and helping to reduce crime. New homes will be energy efficient, blend in with existing homes and designed to the highest standards by award-winning architects.
The council has a very successful record of creating new homes on infill development sites in this way. The improved landscaping will see more trees planted and the adoption of green and brown roofs for new homes.
Additional benefits for existing residents
If you are a Council Tenant, and your current home is overcrowded or under-occupied, or someone in your household has a medical or extra care need, you may have an opportunity to move to one of the new homes as a priority through the Local Lettings Policy. If you are interested, you will need to meet the council’s allocations policy. Please ensure you are registered on Locata in the first instance.
Another key benefit of a project like this is the training and employment opportunities available to residents throughout the construction of new homes. We will work with you to ensure these opportunities are prioritised for estate residents and local people.
Listening to you
We are committed to developing the plans with the full involvement of residents, stakeholders and neighbours. Your views will shape the plans for both the new homes and how we improve the current estate. So it’s vital that you give us your feedback in one or more of the ways below:
- Visit the market stall and speak to the team. It is located at Unit 35 Kilburn Market, Kilburn, NW6 6PP and you can drop in anytime between on Tuesdays (9.30am-1pm), Thursdays (2-5.30pm) or on the first Saturday of each month (10am-3pm)
- Completing and returning the questionnaires sent to your home
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Calling us on 0208 937 2420 or 07436 704 072
WIDER CONSULTATION WITH COMMUNITY GROUPS: If you have recently joined a virtual meeting for community groups to discuss the Kilburn Square development proposals, you can download the slides from the meeting here.
Source Partnership has been appointed as your Independent Tenant and Leaseholder Advisor for the future of Kilburn Square Estate.
The appointment was made with the involvement of residents, who contributed to the contract brief and scored the bids alongside the council.
With over 30 years of experience in providing housing and regeneration advice, Source Partnership will work independently with the local community and the council to develop ideas that people want for the future of the estate.
Their role will be to:
- Help you understand and get the best outcome from the council’s proposals
- Support you to help shape details of proposals in partnership with the council and Network Homes
Your advisors will be Rob Williams and Carol Squires and you can contact them by freephone 0800 616 328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to get in touch.