Will the Council provide me with accommodation?

We can provide advice and support to you to help you find alternative accommodation. However we will not have a duty to provide emergency accommodation or temporarily house you unless you are considered to be eligible, homeless and have priority need. For more information on the homelessness criteria please visit www.shelter.org.uk or contact Shelter on 080 8800 4444. In addition, you can discuss this with the council when making a homelessness application.

If you are a single person with support needs, the Single Housing Pathway can discuss with you a referral for floating support or supported housing. 

If you do not meet the criteria for supported housing or floating support then a referral to the SHPS (Single Homelessness Prevention Service) could be made with your consent. This service will work with you to prevent and relieve your homelessness and sustain accommodation.