Do you like to read and chat with other book lovers? We have five reading groups which meet monthly, and new members are always welcome.
Groups are free of charge and open to all - just drop in! Refreshments are provided plus, each group chooses which books to read. (This is usually done a couple of months in advance). Books are free to borrow.
Reading group locations and dates
- Ealing Road Library: Tamil reading group, last Saturday of the month 1.30 -4.30pm
- Kilburn Library: General Fiction Book Group - Third Thursday of the month 6.45 -7.45pm
- Kingsbury Library: General Fiction Book Group - Last Thursday of the month 6.30-7.30pm or Second Friday of the month 11am-12noon
- Wembley Library: Romanian Book Club – Second Saturday of the month 1-3pm
- The Library at Willesden Green: First Thursday of the month 6.30 – 7.30pm
Books on prescription
The Reading Well - Books on Prescription scheme offers Brent residents - suffering from mental health problems such as depression, anxiety and stress - the chance to take up courses, guided self help, computerised therapies and books on prescription.