What approvals do you need?
Before making your application you need to make sure that you are making the right type of submission.
Under the Town and Country Planning Act, and other pieces of planning legislation, there are a number of activities that require approval from the development management service. These include:
- planning permission for carrying out development
- listed building consent for carrying out works to a listed building
- conservation area consent to demolish certain buildings in conservation areas
- advertisement consent to display certain advertisements
- consent to carry out works to a protected tree.