What approvals do you need?

Before making your application you need to make sure that you are making the right type of submission.

Under the Town and Country Planning Act, and other pieces of planning legislation, there are a number of activities that require approval from the development management service. These include:

You may also need approval under the building regulations. Detailed information about the difference between planning and building regulations can be found on the Planning Portal website

You may also need other approvals from us, such as licensing for a premises license or from transportation officers for the construction of a vehicle crossover.

Need help with this process?

Get advice by contacting our planners.

If you are thinking of making an application and have checked the guidance on our website, you may wish to use our pre-application advice service.