When do you need advertisement consent?

You may need to apply for advertisement consent to display an advertisement bigger than 0.3 square metres on the front of, or outside, your property.

Some forms of advertisement benefit from something called 'deemed consent' and can be put up without approval from us.

Please note that it is a criminal offence to display an advert that requires our consent without first getting that consent.

Where an advertisement requires consent, please see our guides regarding shop fronts and shop signs and shop signs and advertisements (other than shops).

Need help with this process?

Get advice by contacting our planners.

If you are thinking of making an application and have checked the guidance on our website, you may wish to use our pre-application advice service.