Demolition supervision

If you intend to demolish a building, or part of a building (over 50m3), you must notify Building Control of your intentions under s80 of the Building Act 1984.

You should not commence demolition unless the local authority have served a counter notice under s.81 of the Act or expiry of 6 weeks from service of your notification.

We will require a plan and details of the proposed demolition work including measures to satisfy relevant clauses in s82 of the Act, contact details of the Demolition Contractor and intended start date of the demolition.

You are also required to notify:

the occupier of any building adjacent to the building (or part) being demolished

  • British Gas / Transco
  • the electricity company supplying the building
  • Thames Water Authority / Three Valleys Water.

Download Demolition Notice Form 

Please submit completed forms to or post to Building Control, 7th Floor Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ

Note: From 12th October 2017 there will be a charge payable of £215.00 to cover administrative work involved in the issuing of Section 81 counter notices. The council has six weeks to respond with appropriate notices and consultation under Sections 81 and 82 of the act. 

Approval under the relevant planning acts may also be needed.