Types of local land charges searches

Sections on this page 

Each section describes the type of search and how to submit it. We would advise you to seek legal advice when buying or selling a property. You, your solicitor or an agent can carry out a search.

Full official search

This is a full official search of the Local Land Charges Register (LLC1) and/or the Enquiries of Local Authorities Form (CON29/O 2016).

Submit a search request 

Replies to the full official searches are certified by the council under Section 10(3) of the Local Land Charges Act 1975.

Our turnaround time to process a validated full official search is 10 working days.

The fee for this service is charged on a full cost recovery basis. This additional service is provided as an alternative to the above services (personal search and CON29 2016 individual questions - EIR) fee is charged on the basis set out on Table 2.

See what's included in a full official search page

If you have any queries relevant to the full official search please contact the Local Land Charges Team at locallandcharges@brent.gov.uk or 020 8937 5351.

Additional information

*Maximum of 99 additional parcels are allowed per form on a full official search.

Fee(s) paid for validated search(es) and enquiries will not be cancelled or refunded if an application is being processed.

All Con29 fees are subject to a VAT (Standard 20%) and LLC1 fee is outside the scope of VAT.

Any addresses difficult to find please e-mail locallandcharges@brent.gov.uk with the subject ‘Check Address’.


From 1 January 2017, all Con29 fees have been subject to VAT (Standard 20%) LLC1 and EIR fee is outside the scope of VAT.

Back to top

Personal search

The data supplied on the Local Land Charges Register is not certified by the Council. In accordance with the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, a personal search is to allow access to view the Local Land Charges Register in the council’s office.

If further information is required of the data please contact the department directly as shown on the register.

Following government guidance, the safety and wellbeing of our residents, customers and staff is always our priority.

In line with easing of Government lockdown restrictions from 12 April 2021, Local Land Charges Register will be available to view at the Wembley Library, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ, Monday to Thursday, 10.30am to 2.30pm.

Limited numbers of people are allowed in the library at a time. Social distancing measures will be in place and you must only visit with members of your household.

You will be required to complete NHS Track and Trace, which is essential for the safety of all visitors and staff. By completing it, you’re helping us to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and save lives. This is mandatory and you may be asked to leave if you refuse to fill it in. You will also need to wear a face covering unless exempt.

CON29 2016 individual questions - environmental information regulations

The fee for this service is calculated based on the costs set in connection with the act of supplying information in response to a specific request.

The costs comprise of staff time spent on searching, collating the information and sending the relevant information.

We do not certify the data supplied on the above service.

This service is provided under EIR. Our timescale is no later than 20 working days payment.

Some CON29 enquiries are available from public registers and can be accessed free of charge. Enquiries that are not on the public register will incur a charge on the basis set out on Table 1.

If you have any query relevant to CON29 2016 individual questions please contact the Local Land Charges Team at personalsearches@brent.gov.uk or 020 8937 5351.

Back to top

How to submit a CON29 2016 and the services responsible for the answers

Local land charges

Questions: 1.1(j-l), 2.1(b), 2.1(c), 2.10(d), 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3(a), 3.3(b), 3.3(c), 3.4(a), 3.4(b), 3.4(c), 3.4(d), 3.4(e), 3.4(f), 3.5(a), 3.5(b), 3.6(a), 3.6(b), 3.6(c), 3.6(d), 3.6(e), 3.6(f), 3.6(g), 3.6(h), 3.6(i), 3.6(j), 3.6(k), 3.6(l), 3.7(a), 3.7(b, c, f), 3.7(d), 3.7(e), 3.7(g), 3.8, 3.9(g), 3.9(h), 3.9(i), 3.9(j), 3.9(k), 3.9(l), 3.9(m), 3.9(n), 3.10(a), 3.10(b), 3.10(c), 3.10(d), 3.10(e), 3.10(f), 3.10(g), 3.10(h), 3.12, 3.13(a), 3.13(b), 3.13(c), 3.15(a), 3.15(b)

To request CON29 2016 individual questions listed above, please email personalsearches@brent.gov.uk following the instructions below:

  • The subject matter in the email must be ‘CON29 2016 Individual Questions Request’ followed by the search full address.
  • In the body of the email list the CON29 2016 questions required.
  • Email the scanned cheque to personalsearches@brent.gov.uk then send the hard copy cheque made payable to the ‘London Borough of Brent’ to Local Land Charges, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ.
  • Maximum of 3 addresses/parcels are allowed per company per day.
  • If the address consist of more than one parcel a written confirmation of ‘Single Transaction’ in front of the address is required.
  • Where applicable, a clear updated Ordinance Survey plan with the area clearly outlined in red is required
  • Our turnaround time to process a validated request is no later than 20 working days on receipt of payment. This can vary where an address requested consists of a large number of parcels
  • Replies will be sent by email within 20 working days on receipt of payment

Please note: We do not certify the data supplied on the above service.

Planning and building control services

Questions: 1.1(a-i), 1.2, 3.9(a-f), 3.11(a), 3.11(b)

The planning public register contains details of all planning applications and decisions under planning legislation, including enforcement notices, stop notices, breach of condition notices and tree preservation orders and the local plan.

The register is available at planning-and-building-control on our website.

Highway public register

Question: 2(a), 2.2, 2.5

Email all Highways requests to highwaysearches@brent.gov.uk

UK Radon - radon gas

Question: 3.14

Please contact Radon via the UK Radon website, and the Health Protection Agency (HPA) website.

Back to top