Order a copy of a notice or certificate


Supporting documents maybe available online for planning applications. Most of our physical records are stored offsite so we are unable to provide a 'walk in' service. To view historic applications please see details below.

Planning decision notice copy

Use our planning application search to locate the application you want then:

  1. Click on 'full details' and the decision notice will be shown under the document heading.
  2. Click on the 'view' link to the right of the decision to download the pdf file.

There is no charge if the decision is available from the planning search.

If the decision notice is not available from the planning search then you can request a copy for a charge of £15 per notice by using our planning decision notice copy online form.

If you have any queries regarding historic applications or need further information on the process please email Regen.Adminservices@brent.gov.uk (please do not send other queries or requests to this email as they will be unanswered)

General Planning Queries

You may wish to send an email to either of the two area team mailboxes depending on whether your query is about a site to the north or south of the North Circular Road. (please do not send requests to these email, only general queries)

North: planningnorth@brent.gov.uk

South: planningsouth@brent.gov.uk


Section 106 or Community Infrastructure Levy

If you query relates to Section 106 or CIL, please email the relevant teams on S106admin@brent.gov.uk or CILadmin@brent.gov.uk


Tree Preservation Orders (TPO) 

To find out more information or to view TPO order, please contact the Planning Design team via email below (Please do not send other requests here)


Building Control

You can also search for building control records and view the current status of applications although related documents and plans are not available for public viewing.

Use our building control application search to locate the application you want and then request below

Post 2002 applications

We can provide a copy of the completion certificate or decision notice where available. Please note if applications have not been completed or signed off, there will be no completion certificate available and may require further action and charges.

Completion of building works certificate copy

Request a copy of a completion certificate (Post 2002).

There is a charge of £40 per notice / application for these requests.

Building regulation decision notice copy

Request a copy of a Decision Notice (Post 2002).

There is a charge of £20 per notice / application for these requests.

Pre 2002 Applications

Historic Building Control Records (Completion Certificates/Dangerous Structure Notices pre 2002)

The council does not guarantee the availability of Building Control documentation, especially with older properties. If we are unable to provide a copy of original documentation we will attempt to confirm relevant dates from our records.

In order to carry out a search of our records we need a written signed request from the owner of the property in question or a request from a firm of solicitors made on company headed paper. There is a non-refundable fee for this service. (The admin charge is £65 per application/request, and completion certificate will only be provided if works were completed, if the works were not signed off due to outstanding matters, this may require further action and charges)

Please put your request in writing (pdf or letter) if your wish to pay via card or cheque, please indicate this on the letter. Please upload your pdf or letter to our building control enquiry form (Subject Building Control pre 2002)

Solicitor Enquiries (pre 2002)
Building Control (7th Floor)
Brent Civic Centre
Engineers Way

(Note: you may be asked for further evidence of your interest in the property in question once the request is logged)

Other Building Control Applications

The following Competent Person Scheme operators are approved by the government to self-certify their work for building regulations compliance purposes. This allows contractors to carry out their work without having to go through the local authority building control process.

As the works are self-certified, the Building Control team has no involvement, and we only receive electronic notification from the registered contractor of the scheme and not the actual certificate. Please contact the scheme providers listed below for further information.

0333 321 8220

020 7645 3700

0800 408 5500

0845 543 0330

0870 013 0382


Initial Notices/Approved Private Inspectors

If your query relates to a Building Control application which starts with or has a prefix of “BA” then please see below:

Initial Notice (BA) applications are submitted to the council from Approved Third Party Inspectors.

The Approved Inspector is required to submit an Initial Notice to the Local Authority, to check the details and register the work there for future land searches. They require 5 working days for this during which building work should not start on site (otherwise our Notice will be voided and the work will return to LA control). Once the works are complete they provide the council with a copy of the completion certificate.

View contact details for approved inspectors, in some circumstances the council may be able to provide a confirmation of completion certificate for a fee.