Development Management Policies
Following public consultation between June and July 2014 on the Consultation Draft Development Management Policies(Reg18), we have made changes to the Policies. These amendments and our responses to your comments were approved by Cabinet on 21 September 2015.
The Development Management Policies: Proposed Submission Document was published for six weeks from 24 September 2015 to 5 November 2015. This provided an opportunity for interested parties to comment on the 'soundness' of the document and whether the proposals are in accordance with legal and procedural requirements (how we have prepared the plan).
On 18 January 2016 Full Council approved the submission of the Development Management Policies to an independent planning inspector to prepare for the examination the Secretary of State to prepare for an independent planning inspector to conduct the examination.
In addition to the Development Management Policies we also submitted a number of supporting documents to the Secretary of State. These include the sustainability appraisal, schedule of proposed minor modifications, representations submitted during pre-submission consultation, as well as the results of previous consultation and other evidence.
Documents submitted to the Secretary of State are available below:
- A. Development Management Polices Submission DPD
- B. Sustainability Appraisal Part A - Regulation 22 (1) (a)
- C. Submission Policies Map - Regulation 22 (1) (b)
- D. Consultation Statement - Regulation 22 (1) (c)
- E. (.pdf, 4.01MB)
- F. Supporting documents - Regulation 20 (1) (e)
- G. Statement of community involvement
- H. Table of proposed minor modifications
- I. Statement of Common Ground with Campaign for Real Ale
- J. Statement of Common Ground with Environment Agency
- K. Statement of Common Ground with Historic England
Inspector Katie Child BSc (HONS) MA MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the examination to determine whether the above named Local Plan is sound. The Examination Hearing sessionson the Plan were held on 3 and 4 May 2016.
- View the documents relevant to the Examination including further information on the Hearing sessions.
Having taken account of all the representations, both in writing and at the Hearing, the Inspector advised the Council to consult on proposed Main Modifications. These Modifications were considered necessary to address issues of ‘soundness’ identified in light of representations received or raised by the Inspector. The period for representations to be received ran between 14 June and 8 August 2016.
Alongside the Main Modifications, we also invited comments on a non-technical summary of the sustainability appraisal, updated sustainability appraisal, minor modifications and amendments to the policies map.
- Proposed Main and Minor Modifications and changes to Policies Map
- Non-technical summary of the Sustainability Appraisal
- Updated Sustainability Appraisal
As required by Section 20 (8) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (as amended), the Council has published the Inspector’s Report (including recommendations and main modifications).
The Inspector concluded that the Development Management Policies DPD was ‘sound’ subject to the inclusion of the main modifications set out in the appendix to the report.