Harlesden Neighbourhood Area and Forum Designation
Examination of the Draft Plan
Mr David Hogger BA MSc MRTPI MCIHT has been appointed to undertake the independent examination of the Harlesden Neighbourhood Plan.
The draft Plan has been produced by Harlesden Neighbourhood Forum to guide development within the Harlesden Neighbourhood Area, which is located within Brent, Ealing and Hammersmith & Fulham. The London Borough of Brent and Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC) are the local planning authorities for the neighbourhood area. The Plan sets out the vision for the neighbourhood area, and contains a number of planning policies and community aspirations that will help to achieve this.
The council and OPDC invited comments on the draft Plan during August and September 2018. All comments received during the consultation period have been passed to Mr Hogger for consideration.
- Draft Harlesden Neighbourhood Plan
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Statement of Consultation
- SEA & HRA Screening Opinion
- Responses to consultation (Regulation 16)
The following documents relate to the Examination, including material provided by the Forum for the Examiner to consider:
- Letter from Harlesden Neighborhood Forum to the Examiner 14 December 2018
- Harlesden Examiner Procedural Matters and questions 20 December 2018
- Brent Council and OPDC Response to Examiner Procedural Matters and questions 4 January 2019
- Harlesden forum Response to Examiner Procedural Matters and questions 7 January 2019
What are the next steps
Examination - The independent examiner will provide the council and OPDC with a report which sets out if the plan meets basic conditions and can progress to referendum. The examiner may advise modifications need to be made to the Plan.
Referendum - Subject to the Plan meeting basic conditions, a referendum will be held. If the majority of those in the neighbourhood area vote in favour of the Plan it can be adopted by the council and OPDC.