Harlesden Neighbourhood Plan
Stages in the preparation of the Harlesden Neighbourhood Plan are set out chronologically below.
The Harlesden Neighbourhood Planning Forum submitted a valid joint application to designate the Harlesden Neighbourhood Area and the Harlesden Neighbourhood Forum on 8 July 2015.
Brent Council and the OPDC assessed the joint application and were satisfied that it complies with the statutory requirements as set out in the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 and Town and Country Planning Act 1990. The joint application and supporting documents were published for a 6 week period from 13 July to 25 August 2015. No objections were received.
On 28 September 2015 we approved the designation of Harlesden Neighbourhood Forum and Neighbourhood Area for the areas of land for which Brent Council is the local planning authority. The OPDC subsequently designated the Forum and Area on land within the Mayoral Development Area on 26 November 2015.
The council and OPDC invited comments on the draft Plan during August and September 2018.
- Draft Harlesden Neighbourhood Plan
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Statement of Consultation
- SEA & HRA Screening Opinion
- Responses to consultation (Regulation 16)
Mr David Hogger BA MSc MRTPI MCIHT was appointed to undertake the independent examination of the Harlesden Neighbourhood Plan.
Mr Hogger issued his report on the Plan on 14 February 2019.
The following documents relate to the Examination, including material provided by the Forum for the Examiner to consider:
- Letter from Harlesden Neighbourhood Forum to the Examiner 14 December 2018
- Harlesden Examiner Procedural Matters and questions 20 December 2018
- Brent Council and OPDC Response to Examiner Procedural Matters and questions 4 January 2019
- Harlesden forum Response to Examiner Procedural Matters and questions 7 January 2019
Brent Council and the OPDC decided to accept all of the Examiner’s recommendations and approved for the Plan to progress to a referendum.
The referendum took place on 30 May 2019.