Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) and Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPGs) provide more detailed information and guidance on specific aspects and should be considered by anyone making a planning application.
They expand on our adopted and saved planning policies to provide more detailed information than can be contained in the policies themselves. They are a material consideration in determining planning applications.
- Brent Design Guide (SPD1)
- Residential Extensions and Alterations (SPD 2)
- Shopfronts (SPD3)
- S106 Planning Obligations SPD
- South Kilburn Supplementary Planning Document - Part 2
- South Kilburn Supplementary Planning Document - Part 3
- The Alperton Masterplan SPD was revoked by the Council's Cabinet on 14 October 2019.
- Advertisements (other than shops) (SPG 8)
- Buildings in gardens within conservation areas (SPG 20)
- Waste planning guide
Conservation area design guides
These guides contain practical advice and information to help you make repairs and improvements to your home that will help to preserve or enhance the character of the property and local area.