Cycle parking, repair stations and maintenance
Whether you’re using your own ride or a dockless bicycle, always choose a responsible spot to park up. Do not block footways as this can make it difficult for other pedestrians, especially those with mobility problems, to get around.
Acceptable places to park include: in a designated cycle parking area, by the kerbside providing adequate room is left to get round the bike.
You can request a bike hanger on your street by emailing email@example.com Please include the desired location. We will add you to the waiting list and contact you when funding becomes available.
You can find cycle stands at a number of locations across the borough. Search for cycle stands and other bike parking near you on the Active Things website.
It’s important to maintain your bike to ensure that it has a long life and is safe. Have your bike serviced once a year. Most bike shops offer bike servicing and you can usually pick up your bike the same day.
Public Bike Repair Stations
Bike repair stations have been installed at 3 locations in the borough for cyclists that need to carry out minor repairs to their bicycle, they can be found here:
- Brent Civic Centre
- Carlton Vale at the junction with Albert Road
- Willesden Sports Centre
Bike shops in Brent
Things to read
- Cycle routes in Brent
- Cycling for Children
- Cycle training, maintenance, security and safety
- Cleaner Brent app - Find out how to report street care issues with your phone
- Car clubs
- Abandoned and unwanted vehicles
- Bus shelters, stops and taxi ranks
- Freedom pass
- Brent travel guide - map and local travel information (.pdf)
- School travel information
- Vehicle crossings and dropped kerbs