Repair of potholes using the grant from the Department for Transport
Following damage to the roads caused by severe weather we were successful in a bid to the Department of Transport (DfT) and were allocated £298,841 in July 2014 as extra grant support towards extra maintenance.
The grant was spent on short sections of resurfacing, carried out by ConwayAecom through the London Highways Alliance Contract. The list of roads resurfaced is below, and the spend each quarter of the 2014/15 financial year is also listed.
Without the DfT grant, this type of reactive maintenance would involve carrying out single pothole repairs. However with the grant, we have adopted the strategy of carrying out larger, longer lasting repairs. This strategy will extend the life of the roads and eliminate many potholes having to be repaired more than once.
DfT pothole grant £298k
- Barrettes Green Road (junction with Acton Lane to junction with Central Road)
- Lydford Road (junction with Sidmouth Road)
- Bridge Road (outside 45 to junction with Gresham Road)
- Woodheyes Road (outside 27 to opposite 105)
- Ilex Road (outside 17 to junction with church Road)
- Wyld Way (Grove Way to junction with Oakington Manor Drive)
- Tanfield Avenue (26 to 38)
- Winchfield close (outside 24)
- Coles Green Road (outside 72)
- Coles Green Road (16 - junction with Dollis Hill Lane)
- Woodstock Road (Mount Pleasant to 57)
- Wrottesley Road (roundabout junction with All Souls Avenue)
Pothole grant quarterly report 2014/15
|Q1. April to June 2014||£NIL|
|Q2. July to Sept 2014||£NIL|
|Q3. Oct to December 2014||£30,012.74|
|Q4. January to March 2015||£268,828.00|