Weight, height and load restrictions
Abnormal loads are defined in The Motor (Authorisation of Special Types) General Order 1979 and Subsequent Amendment Orders.
This order defines an abnormal load as any vehicle which exceeds at least one of the following:
- over 40 tonnes gross weight
- over 4.9 metres high
- over 2.9 metres wide
- over 28.0 metres long
We must be notified of any movements of vehicles which are longer, higher or heavier than standard.
This can be done by emailing email@example.com or contacting us on 020 8937 5600.
At present, we will only contact the originator of the notice if there is cause for objection to the movement or if we have any comment to make.
Things to read
- Cleaner Brent app - Find out how to report street care issues with your phone
- Car clubs
- Abandoned and unwanted vehicles
- Bus shelters, stops and taxi ranks
- Freedom pass
- Brent travel guide - map and local travel information (.pdf)
- School travel information
- Vehicle crossings and dropped kerbs